Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Simple Prayer

Lord magnify the beauty of your wonderful creation
for without your splendor, the view is dull

Lord comfort me when I am hurting
for without your solace the pain is overwhelming

Lord humble me when I think too highly of myself
for without you I am nothing

Lord lead and direct my path in all things
for without your guidance I am lost

Lord fill me with faith when all seems in vain
for without that conviction, despair haunts me

Lord grant me wisdom in the day to day of life
for without it, my perception is skewed

Lord shower me with new mercies each day
for without your grace, forgiveness evades me

Lord liberate me from the tendency to judge others
for without compassion, chains confine me

Lord remind me that I am here for a purpose
for wtihout that understanding I wonder aimlessly

Lord let your Word be comprehensible to me
for without your clarity, my vision is impaired

Lord raise me above the depths of my circumstances
for without your promises, reality engulfs me

Lord release me from the limits I place upon myself
for without your sovereignty I stumble and fall

Lord remind me that someday there will be no more tears
for without that knowledge this world is insufferable


Lord dwell steadfast in my heart, mind, and soul
for without your presence I am empty

The sun rises, the sun sets.

The days are long, but the years are short.

More of you, less of me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails