Monday, December 6, 2010

Coming Along. . .26 weeks and counting!

Yes, I LOVE, ADORE, CHERISH the end results of this process called pregancy, and I am SO, overwhelmingly grateful for my precious ones, but the "getting there" is. . .ugh, argh, ick.

Among my many ailments. . .

"morning", no make that ALL DAY sickness that last for many weeks - constantly nauseated or vomiting and have NO energy (ZERO, ZILCH!!) and once I vomit up something, I can't eat it again for years!

my palate becomes very quirkly, NOTHING tastes right

if I brush my teeth, I either throw up or have to rinse with warm salt water to try and get rid of the toothpaste taste

can't stand the smell of anything! (perfume, deodorant, cleaners, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, even foundation, etc.)

alternate between a cold sweat and a "whoa is it hot in here?" sweat

terrible heartburn and indigestion

dry bleeding nasal passages oddly combined and alternating with overproductive mucus causing me to constantly need a garbage can and roll of toilet paper handy. Yes, gross, I know! (A spitting, snotty woman is not attractive.)

can't stand to wear make-up or lipstick during the first 5-6 months, I finally found pure tasteless, odorless petroleum to keep my lips from rampant dryness!

insomnia - even in the early months, I wake up and stay awake for countless hours in the night.

general "I feel awful" on a daily basis

And at this point, my hips and arms go numb at night, which brings me to the aerobic tasks of frequently rolling over!

Then last, but not least, just learned I have gestational diabetes again :(

I'm sure there are many more things that are alluding me at the moment, but of course, I can't remember much when I'm pregnant either!

No, I don't need any cheese to go with my whine, LOL!  This too shall pass :)

So, all that to share a pic and news that. . .things are coming along and looking just "beachy" (as in beached whale) here at 26 weeks.

Did I mention. . .I've had a couple of 10 lb babies? 

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

7 comments:

Standinginhislight said...

good golly, how did i overlook that you are pregnant? You are one busy lady!
So sorry for all your pregnancy woes; I almost feel guilty for my fairly even-keeled ones. =)
btw, you look great... by 26 wks everyone around me was convinced I "HAD" to be due any day OR that I must be having twins...all 6 pregnancies I had to face that, ugh! ;^)
rest up my friend, the fruit of your efforts will be here soon enough...
~Sheri

Mission Driven Mom said...

Hi Tina- It's Halley from the Heart of Reading board. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I wanted to tell you that, although all my pg's were really hard on me, my first sounds just like you explain to be going through right now. I know hard to do but make sure you are getting lots and lots of sleep and rest (on your side when you can)! I know that is not new knowledge and I am sure you are doing the best you can. But I know sometimes it is hard to be mindful and purposeful to give ourselves that extra TLC and down time when we are doing and responsible for so many things and taking care of other children. I worked during my first pregnancy...with odd changing long hours and was on my feet a lot...I feel that contributed to the boldness of my symptoms and aches and pains! So just a thought...take a few days off from the cooking, cleaning and lay down EVERY chance your get and see if that helps! :)

Be well! PS.-I love your site...looking forward to browsing and getting some great ideas for our homeschool!

Blessings, Halley

Trisha said...

That is one beautiful belly! :)

Unknown said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy!! Not always easy. I found your blog on TWTM forum. I look forward to reading more here.

*~ Tina ~* said...

Hi Sheri, I think I was probably a bit quieter about this one after the two miscarriages, but there's no way to miss it now - woohoo!

Halley, Glad to have you here! I sure wish I COULD rest! I try and try again. Naps are nearly impossible for me, but I go to bed early, yet all I do is toss and turn between numbs hips and bathroom trips! I am physically exhausted from lack of sleep if nothing else:( And I feel like I have a bowling ball trying to drop out. Wish it WAS due time!

Trisha, you are sweet as always gal! Your new little one is adorable. Loved the little baker's hat :)

Mommyx12 - I've always wondered what it would be like to have one of those "glowing, joyful" pregnancies, but either way, I know how lucky I am just to have the opportunity to have my own children thus the outcome overides the other. Glad you stopped by!

Hope you each find something of value here!

Unknown said...

Have you tried milk thistle? I had horrible, familiar sounding pregnancies until I started taking milk thistle. It boosts your liver functions which helps your body deal with the extra blood supply and cleansing out of the toxins that the body expels to make a safe environment for baby. Drink lots of cold ice water with fresh squeezed lemon for the same reason. And boost that protein intake for the rest of your days. I hope that helps you get thru these last weeks.

Jo

Ps. I am on CM Moms for many at yahoo too. linked here to read your high school blog post.

Unknown said...

oops..I guess it was IEW families I linked from..silly me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails