Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Curriculum 2010 - 2011

These are our tentative curriculum choices for 2010 - 2011! We start each morning together with Bible Story, Devotion, Poetry Memorization and Memory Verse. Below are the resources we've selected for the upcoming year. (of course, as always, it remains perpetually subject to change.)

8th grader:

Starting Points Worldview Curriculum w/ IEW's Starting Points Writing Lessons
Apologia Physical Science
Saxon Algebra 1/2
Megawords
First Form Latin (Memoria Press)


2nd grader:

First Language Lessons
Saxon Math 3
Apologia Elem. - Zoology I
All About Spelling
Prima Latina (Memoria Press)

Both

Mystery of History I & II
Art - I Can Do All Things (Stebbings)
Bible - Vos Bible Stories
Poetry - IEW's Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization
Classical Music Studies (using the Opal Wheeler's biographies)
Lots of literature!

I'd love to see what others are doing. Leave me a comment or link if you've posted them on your blog!

3 comments:

MissMOE said...

Looks like a great year. We will also use IEW's Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization. I've used it with my older two, and we all loved it, so I'm really looking forward to doing it again. I listed our curriculum choices on my blog, if you'd like to take a peek.

Trisha said...

Looks great, Tina. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the Starting Points!

*~ Tina ~* said...

Thanks ladies! We are looking forward to a great year :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails