Monday, May 10, 2010

The Joy of Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day is suppose to be a celebration of Mom, and I'm okay with that, lol! Each year, it is such a blessing to see my family take such care to go overboard to show me that I'm special to them. Instead of being a day just focused on me, it's a day that has me praying and thanking God for the immeasurable blessing of my family. Being a mother is an honor. Having my precious children is a blessing. Having a husband who loves me amazing. Knowing God thought enough of me to give me such bountiful measure in these precious ones is priceless.

So. . .earlier in week, the girls starting asking what I wanted for Mother's Day. This is their investigative research on behalf of their father. They find out, pass it on and then SURPRISE :) Okay, truth be told, these girls are not good at keeping secrets! They unwittingly drop hints and offer telling smiles at every turn. It's so adorable that they "think" they've really pulled something off! Dh takes it with a grain of salt and a grimace, as he knows I always find out ahead of time what's planned.

Enjoying all that leads up to it, they always make it such a special time for me. My oldest dd called me Saturday, and she and my grandson took me out to lunch. Then Sunday, dh and the other children went and got me my favorite lunch items, fixed me and my own Mom a steak dinner, and gave me my favorite perfume as a gift. It was a perfect day! A perfect day to count my blessings, knowing that I'm SO lucky to have these precious people in my life!

Thank you God for the privilege!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Tina,
I'm so glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. I agree with you that I am the one who is blessed to know the honor of being a Mama.

I really like your new background, too.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :)

*~ Tina ~* said...

Hey Trisha,
Thank you so much for the sweet comments and your ongoing prayers!

I've been playing around with blogger-in-draft:) It's not perfected yet, but it'll be wonderful with they have all the new templates and designer tools up and going!

BTW- I just ordered the book you were giving away and look forward to reading it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails