Sunday, March 21, 2010

And these are the days of our lives. . .

Wow! It's amazing how fast time slips away. Life has been busy. We've recently learned we are expecting again and I'll be going for an early ultrasound next week to see how things are going. I find myself a bit more anxious after the miscarriage in November, but I know I have to lay it at God's feet and trust Him. We are all very excited about this blessing and addition to our family!

My Mom is in the hospital recovering from surgery for spinal compression that was causing her to limp so bad she could barely walk. Recovery is going very well and so far, her walking seems to have improved. The neuro wasn't sure if it would reverse the damage already done, but felt it was needed to keep it from progressing to the point of her becoming paralized. I pray that it does both - heal and prevent!

I finished Animal Farm and loved it! I'll post it under "book chatter" when I get the chance. Right now, I'm breaking from my posted "reading list" to take in some homeschooling books. I've been a bit tired and discouraged and am hoping to find some rejuvination within the pages :) I'm currently reading "A Biblical Home Education" and "When Children Love to Learn". But honestly, I'm most excited about the newest edition of "Educating the Wholehearted Child" due out anytime and I can't wait to get my hands on it! This is my all time favorite homeschool book!!

Okay, signing out and off to visit Mom :)

Blessings,
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-Tina ~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

5 comments:

Debra said...

Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Could I interest you in a book that might encourage and inspire you? You can read about it on my homeschool blog (yeh, I wrote it--just me, a homeschool mom.) It's a novel, an allegory, like Animal Farm :) an end-times tale of faith and dedication. I can email it to you in a PDF file if you'd like to read it. To learn about the book... http://hebrews110.wordpress.com/the-king-will-make-a-way/

*~ Tina ~* said...

Thank you Debra!

And yes, hebrews110, I'd be glad to read your book if you want to send it to me :)

Trisha said...

So happy for you! Congratulations on this precious one being knitted together in your womb. I think once you've had a miscarriage, you never again take for granted what a miracle pregnancy is (I've had 3 miscarriages), so I understand your concern. Keep your eyes fixed on Him, and please know that I'm praying for you. :)

*~ Tina ~* said...

Trisha,
Thank you so much! I just changed my verse of the week to help keep me focused. This pregnancy is feeling like the last one - no symptoms, lots of cramping, and I'm a wreck waiting for the u/s. Prayers are much appreciated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails