Sunday, January 3, 2010

Book Chatter - official kickoff!

This year I hope to find more time for pure reading pleasure. I'm constantly reading "how-to's", "self-improvement", "devotions" and "homeschooling" books, but I want to expand my reading into other genres. To kick-off my adventure, I've selected a few classics to start the year with -

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (finish!)
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Tales from Watership Down by Richard Adams

Reading glasses - check.
Bookmark - check.
Night lamp - check.
Comfy chair - check.
Quiet time - umm, we'll see:)

If you have a book to suggest, I'm looking for more titles to add to my 2010 reading list, and would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Greta:) said...

I LOVE the book To Kill a Mockingbird. It's the only book I've ever read 2x!

Greta:)

Creekermom said...

The Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall, Denver Moore, Lynn Vincent

Related Posts with Thumbnails