Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Something So Precious

As I shared in my recent post "Until Then. . ." we suffered the loss of our expected blessing #5 through a miscarriage in early November. It has been an emotional time and in many ways I felt that some of our family and loved ones took our loss lightly, figuring and pointing out that we could always "try again". I know no one meant to be hurtful, but obviously, it left me feeling a bit downhearted and alone in my grief.

To my surprise and to my delight, I received the MOST precious gift a few days ago from my older sister. She mailed me a card and an ornament that arrived unexpectedly, yet at just the perfect time (you know, the time when you are most unlovable, but most in need of love)! The card was poignant and the ornament breathtaking. It's a sweet baby ornament with an adorable little hat and wings, and on the back of the wings was written our last name along with baby #5 and his/her "heaven date". (see pic's below)

I sobbed and sobbed! There really were no words for how touched and overwhelmed I was by this gesture. It has to be the most precious thing anyone could have done to help us memorialize our loss so thoughtfully and meaningfully.

It's currently hanging on my tree and just warms my heart each time I look at it.

A humbling, beautiful reminder of something so precious!


3 comments:

trennia said...

very beautiful and heartwhelming gesture,so sorry for your loss.

Debra said...

Oh, Tina, that is beautiful.

I have to share that I always intended to stitch up baby samplers for all of my children. You know the only one I have actually completed? The one for the baby I lost. It hangs in the hallway by the kids' room.

It's been 13 years... and people weren't terribly sensitive then either. It's hard. Most people don't understand. But your sister? How wonderful...

Julie said...

Hi, great reading your blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails