Saturday, November 14, 2009

Momma's Madness

I shared this on my groups quite a while back, but I think you'll find it timeless humor!

It was one of those long, long days - you know. . .the kind where you fantasize about being stranded on a deserted island with a good book. . .so please read on to share in my folly :o)

** (for full effect sing to the tune of Gilligan's Island :) **

Sit right back and I'll tell a tale,
The tale of a day gone wrong.
It started out with Mom's great plans,
But the kids won't go along.

We had our pencils and our books,
Pajama's all still on.
That's when the trouble started friends,
And soon my mind was gone, soon my mind was gone.

The children started whining loud,
My head began to throb.
If not for chocolate and a can of coke,
You would've heard me sob, you would've heard me sob.

My Yahoo groups were calling me,
I felt I must respond. . .
With lots of posts, and questions too,
A few good laughs, and some sighs,
Another coke, a nap at 3:00 - yes just for me.
Oh, ain't homeschooling fun!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails